Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Hold Your Babies Tight....

One thing about a random blog like mine is I blog about what is on my mind. Most of the time my blog is light hearted. Today, not so much. I cant get that Jerry Sandusky creep off my mind. I am not posting a photo with his blog because it is just to much for me.

I work in education and I hear sad stories daily and I also watch the news more than any human being should. It is an inherited trait from my father. Growing up in my home, the news was on the television constantly and that is pretty much how it is at my house now.

It brings me to this question how do you protect your children from all the predators lurking and looking for a victim?

Jerry Sandusky he was found guilty by a jury. I can completely see how a single mother of a son can be lured in by Jerry Sandusky. He was a coach with a college football team. Jerry was a celebrity, a hero type, basically God like. From the outside, he looked as though he would be the perfect role model for a son without a father at home. Proven in the end, he committed unbelievable crimes towards children. The horror those victims suffered at his hands and the guilt the mothers feel is unimaginable. To know you sent your child into the lion's den. I cant imagine the trauma the victims and the parents live with daily. To beat it all the complete lack of a moral compass to blame everyone but himself for the victims pain. Yes, Jerry everyone in the world was involved with setting you up and sending your creepy self to jail... YES, EVERYONE, YOU CREEP!

People make fun of me all the time because I am so protected of my daughter. I do not allow anyone to keep her unless I fully trust them. I plan to be this way until she is older and can learn about "stranger-danger" and even with that I will still be overprotective. I realize when I gave birth to my daughter, I made a vow to love and protect and if protecting means you have to step through this "mean momma" first than so be it. That is just how it is going to be.

I can see how children are taken advantage of when people leave them with a random relative or a boyfriend. But what about those children who were walking to school, waiting on the bus, or just snatched out of the store. We try to teach our children to be polite and kind but I am to the point of teaching my daughter to never look at anyone when we are anywhere.

What about those children who have crimes committed to them in their own homes by someone who is suppose to love them. I pray nightly for protection over my daughter, my prayer is always "Please God Protect Her From Evil>". My father told me many many years ago if I didn't want children he understood. Because the world is just a dangerous place and children are really difficult to raise now. I so get what he was saying. He also said it is not really your child you worry about it is everyone else who could harm your child.

This is where I have a no-tolerance-old-fashioned-beat-down-southern-way-about-myself.... I wish for hanging, electric chair, death squad, and basically anything you can think of to punish the abuser.

This is my blog of the day. With Love, Bamaslammer

No comments: