Powered By Blogger

Friday, December 17, 2010

It's online!


I am in the middle of writing a flaming email to the Government.....I know it will not get me anywhere but it will make me feel better...I now know why A) there is security at the social security office and B) why people blow up government buildings... I am having a bad day, Charlie Brown....

The lady in the photo is not the "helpful lady".... The lady in the photo actually looks helpful...

Good Afternoon,
I visited the Social Security Office in Gadsden, Alabama on Friday December 17,2010 at 2:30. My father has just passed away and I am helping my mother with the SSI benefits she is to receive due to his death. I have never had to visit the SSI office before and I have NEVER in my life been treated so unprofessionally by anyone. The lady who called my number did not have a name tag, did not greet me, did not look at me and most certainly did not tell me her name. I asked her politely what forms I needed to fill out and if she could give me the application. She told me they were "online" and I would have to submit them there. I informed her that I am at my parent's home and they are unable to print any type of forms. I would like a hard copy of the application to take home for my mom to fill out and we can bring it back with all the information that is requested by your office. She told me she couldn't print an application. I proceeded to ask her if she could give me a hard copy of the list of all the information we needed to bring with us to make sure we have everything for our next visit. She proceeded to tell me it was "online". I then asked if I could make an appointment she asked me if I had my mother's social security card number with me. I said no, my intention today was not to apply for benefits. It was only to gather the information that I needed to give to my mother so we could have everything since we have to drive to the SSI office from 45 minutes away. I was denied an appointment for Monday because I did not have my mother's SSI number. I am now on your website looking for the correct form I need to fill out. I find it appalling that someone who represents your office would treat anyone that way muchless someone who has just lost a family member. If everything is "online" then why do you have a new office in Gadsden? I need help and continue to need help which is what your employee should have done...Helped me.. I would have been satisfied with a simple form number.All she would have had to say to me is to "go online and look for Form Number SS52, fill out and submit". I would have left a happy person and would have already submitted the Form and not be up writing you this email. The office and the lady that "helped" me seem to be a big waste of tax payer money. Especially, if others are being treated in manner in which I was treated. It doesn't appear the office will be there very long. Others such as myself will search for another SSI office that are actually interested in helping others or just doing their job. Good Luck with the Gadsden office and I hope the "lady" does not represent all of your employees. If this "helpful lady" does then I would suggest while the economy is in a downturn find someone who would be grateful for a job and who knows more than one word "online"
Bamaslammer 256-555-5555 P/S I am still looking for the form and would like an appointment....Thank you

No comments: