Powered By Blogger

Monday, July 14, 2008

July 14, 2008 Monday-Friendship

My friend Theia is a "blogger". Reading her blog has inspired me and trust me it takes a lot to do that. If you do not like this blog you may want to email Theia and let her know your thoughts.:) . Theia and I grew up together in the great state of Bama... I guess you might have assumed that since the title of the blog is "Alabama Slammer"... I turned another year older this past weekend and getting older has brought out the sentimental old fool in me. So here it goes.....

Friendships have really been on my mind lately. I have always had a great knack or could it be great luck at picking out really great friends. I do credit "friendship building" to the small town that I grew up in. I went to a small county school and you pretty much had to be friends with everyone. With 59 students in your graduating class you would have to hang out with people you didn't really like on the weekends and interact with them in class. That is just how it is and you better learn to get along. I hated that small town growing up and could not wait to move away but now that I am older I am Thankful for living in a town where everyone knows your name and your business..:) okay maybe I could do without the business part... yeah.. now that I think about it that is why I moved... :)

What would I have done without my wonderful friendships lately? I wouldn't have made it... I know that... When times were tough my friends pulled me through and what makes friendships even more special is that I am not sure they even know how much they have helped me through the difficult times in my life lately. I will be forever grateful!

I moved away to Florida many years ago and thankfully I have made some wonderful lifelong friends here also. I can call those Bama./GA/FL friends any minute of the day and it is as if time has stood still and we pick up right were we left off.... I know I am "lucky" and I know the friends that I have made in my life are my big lottery "Power Ball" Pay out...:) Thank you friends! This is my blog of the day...... with love, bama slammer

1 comment:

TheiaT said...

Bama Slammer...AW SHUCKS! I AIN'T NEVER INSPIRED NOBODY TO DO NUTTIN'!!!!