Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Blame Ms. Justice

My blog is for enjoyment. This is my way of expressing my nice thoughts or venting my anger at the world or just adding my two cents. I don't expect anyone to care or even read my blog but it makes me feel better to blog.

Okay back to Ms. Justice she was my English teacher in high school. She was a very interesting person. She always wore those polyester skirts, jackets, hose, and high heels. Ms. Justice was always dressed and came to work ready to educate us "thugs'. Us thugs could careless about the correct way to pronounce "tired' or "tared". I have many more examples that I am sure I will share at a later time. Ms. Justice also had perfectly fixed hair and painted in eyebrows in which I could not take my eyes off of. I remember the day that one of my classmates told me she rode Harley's I imagined her riding Harley's two ways the first being with her perfect hair (no helmet), hose, polyester suit etc. (you get the idea). The other way is that she is completely leathered up from head to toe, chaps, shirts with skulls, a bad ass helmet. If I was not visualizing her on the back of a Harley. I was flirting with Shane the kid who sat next to me. Who at that time looked just like (in my eyes) Donnie Walhberg from New Kids on the Block! I had plenty to say to Shane and therefore could not give a crap about English class. I came to class with an agenda and it had nothing to do with Ms. Justice's agenda. The first 1. Talk to Christal who sat on the other side of me about New Kids on the Block (I will at a later date have more to say about Christal). 2. Flirt with Shane the Donnie Walhberg look a like. 3. When a kid named Carlos came by the room to go to his locker I yelled at him every single day "Hey Car-less where are you walking too". I know that is not funny but it sure was funny at the time. All of us Christal, Shane and everyone around laughed.

The above story explains why I have crappy grammar and cannot write a decent sentence to save my life.

Now let me explain why I cant spell. Back then we had spelling tests. I cheated on every spelling test that ever came my way until I got caught. Every week I would write down my spelling words on a little "cheat sheet" and every week I would make a 100. Until, I decided to cheat the way my friend Christal cheats instead of using my cheating method that has worked for me everytime. I wrote the words on a piece of paper and hung them outside of my English book. I placed my arm over the words and would lift my arm to look at them. Well, I do not remember how far along I got on the Spelling Test but Ms. Justice called out my name and asked " Shay are you looking at your arm or are you cheating". of course I replied "I am looking at my arm". She said "okay" and she called out the next word. I thought to myself I have actually gotten away with this! Then out of nowhere Ms. Justice says" Well let me look to make sure". She came walking over to my desk I lifted my arm and I said "busted". Needless to say she gave me some kind of speech and a zero.

So when you read my blog and you laugh at my grammar, sentence structure, and my spelling go and remind your children that English class might be the class you need to pay attention in. This is my blog of the day.. Love, Bama Slammer

1 comment:

TheiaT said...

Bama Slammer, I love it!!!!! I laughed my butt off! Shane Paris? That's the only Shane I can remember! Can you please write about your memories of Ms. Justice eating an apple every day at lunch? I say eating...it was more like hack-sawing with those choppers! Lordy, I hope she's not reading this, she really was a nice lady. We really were thugs. I recently apologized to Mrs. Marcia Broyles for how hateful I used to be to her! Quoting from the little yet inspiring book "For One More Day"..."Children who are embarrassed by their parents are people who have not lived long enough," I would modify the sentence to read, "Children who do not appreciate their teachers are people who have not lived long enough!" Can't wait to read more, girl!