Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Not Your Business :)


Having a child is a huge responsibility and there is absolutely nothing wrong with not wanting the responsibility. Which takes me to my "beef" with those who constantly ask people who are childless "When are you going to have children?" agg. That is an extremely personal question and it is not everyone's right to know. If it was that person's business I am sure the "news" or "information" would have already been shared with them.. right...

Asking when someone is going to get married can also fall in that category. In my opinion it doesnt come close to "When are you going to have children?".

I use to say to people when they would ask me "When are you getting married?" "When I want to be as miserable as you.." :) Now I just say "When I feel like it" or "never" or "you will be first person I share the news with". It really depends on my mood that day. That question doesnt bother me but I can understand how it could bother others.

Asking someone when they are going to get married is one thing but when they ask "Are you going to have children?" is another one. Having children is such a personal thing. I am glad to have my babybamaslammer and I love her more than anything in the world. Having her has been truly life changing. I dont even speed anymore because I worry of what might happen to her if something happens to me. Instead of thinking of what drink am I going to drink, what am I going to pick up for dinner, and where am I going dancing this weekend. I think of the future now not just the current minute of the day. I plan.

Just once when asked "When are you going to have children?" I want someone to say "After I met your kids I decided to never have children". :) I think it would be funny and I bet they would never ask that question again. This is my blog of the day. With Love, Bamaslammer

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where have I seen this kids picture before? :) It looks familiar.
I can relate to your post today, it is the question I am most asked. It gets VERY old!!!!!!!
By the way, I am very proud of you and how you are handling motherhood...beautifully
love, adrian

Anonymous said...

You are kind! ohhhh..Lord if you lived at my house you might feel differently..:) My goal for each day is to get her feed and clean and if I have managed those two things I am not going to worry about the rest. :) I learned quick to just roll with it!

I know what you mean.. it does get old and people do not realize that there are people in this world that cannot have children and they want them so badly and by people by asking that question it just brings it up over and over again!it hurts me for them! shay