Powered By Blogger

Monday, October 12, 2009

Nope, not a cowgirl, not a panda, and certainly not a Clown!


Dear Ava,

Nope, you will not be a Cowgirl for Halloween! I know your grandma sent you that rockin' Cowgirl hat and she sent you a cute clown shirt! You will not be a panda, and certainly not a clown! Yes, I saw that cute panda mask she sent you, also.

Ava, you must understand. This Holiday and (Halloween is a holiday for me) is what I look forward to all year. I am thankful that Halloween this year is on a Saturday! I have my DVR ready to record the Morning Shows on Friday. I just love to see Regis and Kelly dressed up. I dont know why?? I really dont. It is always so cheesy but I love it! Halloween is what I live for! I love the commericals, children dressed up, and the yearly Halloween party a friend of mine threw until he moved away. But, now I have you Ava to dress up and share my love for the Holiday with. No, it is not devil worship!! It is good clean and scary fun! I have already searched the world over for the perfect Halloween costume for you! Just let me have my fun until you get big enough to say "mom have you lost your mind? none of my friends wear those silly customs, you are cramping my style and making me look like a baby, I am not dressing up!" the horror!

I have such mixed emotions about you growing older. On one hand, I cant wait until you get bigger so you can feel my excitement as fall approaches. On the other hand I want you to stay little so I can live my Halloween dreams through you! You know kind of like dads with their sons and sports. Same thing basically. I have this strange feeling that when you get older you will decide you hate Halloween and love some other Holiday more! You already rebel against wearing shoes, drinking out of a sippy cup and you are determined to get to the cat food no matter were I put it.

So, Ava let me have this Halloween and maybe next year you can be a rockin' cowgirl, pretty panda, or a clown! Well, you will never be a clown if I can control it! I hate clowns! I have always hated clowns! I am not fearful of anything else but clowns and snakes. I will not share this with Ava until she is in her late 40's because if Ava is as stubborn as her mom she will dress like a clown everyday and have a roomful of snakes! I have been teaching awhile and I know what happens to children when they turn 13!!!!!! This is my blog of the day! Love, Bamaslammer... PS more to come on those evil clowns!!

2 comments:

TheiaT said...

I'm predicting Ava will be a little black cat for Halloween! Love you and miss you, BamaSlammer!

Anonymous said...

Yes, a little black cat would be perfect for her and BayLee!

Of course, she would make a great princess. Please, no Hannah Montana!

aunt adrian