Powered By Blogger

Saturday, January 3, 2009

My How Times Have Changed....


New Year's Eve... Is also our anniversary. Jason and I got engaged two years ago on New Year's Eve.. I remember it ohh so well... He asked me to marry him and then we went to a friend's house and celebrated with them. We had a really great time and we rang in the New Year with Champagne and a Kiss..this year we rang in the new year with Chili Dogs and Braxton Hicks Contractions... Yeah..loads of fun

This year was completely different... I asked Jason over and over what he would like for our New Year's Eve and our Anniversary Dinner. I could never get a straight answer.. So I said how about "Chili Dogs".. He said that sounds good. Throughout my pregnancy I have so wanted a Chili Dog.. But of course like most things on the "do not eat or your baby will be harmed list" hot dogs are on there. Before I was pregnant I wouldnt have touched a Chili Dog even if my life depended on them.

I decided since this baby is about to come I could have one Chili Dog on New Years. That one Chili Dog just about killed me or almost put me into labor. I thought I had to avoid them because of the preservatives but I think it is more like avoid them or they will send you into labor! I had my wonderful chili dog with my homemade chili and after that I was down for the count. I started having the "Braxton Hicks Contractions" and I thought I might possibly have the New Year's Baby. I laid down and watched Anderson Cooper and Kathy Griffin ring in the New Year and went to sleep. The next day I was back to normal, Thankfully.. I kept telling Jason I cant Have the New Year's Baby the house is not clean and my bags are not packed. For some reason I dont think the baby is waiting on me to get my things is order so she can arrive.. just a lucky guess.. I think she will come when she gets good and ready..

This post just proves that I am a 95 year old grandma...and would rather sleep through the new year then celebrate it..How the times have changed. I did enjoy watching Anderson and Kathy together. I felt they had great chemistry and were ohh so funny together. Maybe they will do more shows together. I hope you enjoy the picture of Anderson and Kathy together..:):)
This is my blog of the day.
Love, Bamaslammer.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Get your bags packed! You don't want to go to the hospital and have Jason pack your bags! There is no telling what he would pack!

I actually was awake at midnight this year. I watched Evil Kineivls son jump the volcano at The Mirage in Las Vegas. Woo, that and the Jonas Brothers singing, party hardy!
adrian

Anonymous said...

Be careful what you eat!!!! I remember the night I went into labor with David! After laying off salt for what seemed like forever, I gave in to fritos and onion dip! It was horrible coming back up...and the nurses weren't too happy with it either! :) :)

By the way, when is baby due?

DH

Anonymous said...

She is due Jan. 25.. But I am so miserable and a complete devil to live with!!! I beg everytime I go to the dr for her to induce me! But she will not give in! I go back to work tomorrow so we will see how that goes! You are right Adrian! I have things laid out but havent put them in the bag yet. I am to busy being a devil to actually do something productive! Stay tuned for a post on what Jason bought the baby early in my pregancy it makes the robe and PJs look exciting!

Anonymous said...

She is due Jan. 25.. But I am so miserable and a complete devil to live with!!! I beg everytime I go to the dr for her to induce me! But she will not give in! I go back to work tomorrow so we will see how that goes! You are right Adrian! I have things laid out but havent put them in the bag yet. I am to busy being a devil to actually do something productive! Stay tuned for a post on what Jason bought the baby early in my pregancy it makes the robe and PJs look exciting!