Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Baby bamaslammer brought home a picture she drew at preschool. I noticed   the picture is labeled with "Mr. Luther King Jr." So I start asking questions...I knew it would get interesting.... Standby for a short essay on Martin Lurther King, Jr. as told by a soon to be five year old.

So baby bamaslammer..,,who is Martin Luther King, Jr?
Baby: he died!
Me: OK
Baby: yeah he got shot and died.
Me: OK, why did he get shot?
Baby: yeah, he wanted ppl to be nice to black ppl...
And................white ppl..........he wanted everyone to be nice to each other.....
And he got shot and died......
Me: What is he doing in the picture you drew?
Baby: he is standing in the rain holding a flower...he is a statue.....

Yes, he got shot and died. To her that is the most interesting part of the story. I think most five year olds would agree with her. The part she got is Mr. Martin Luther King Jr. wanted  us to be nice to each other. I will take that as a lesson learned today. I love to look at things through her eyes. It makes me think about how sweet and innocent she is and how life has not tarnished her, yet. I want her to stay little and sweet.

This is my blog of the day. With love, bamaslammer

No comments: