Powered By Blogger

Thursday, January 23, 2014

girls....

   I am steadily approaching 40 and it scares me.  I try to stay somewhat "in touch" with the younger generation.  By checking out their music, trends, and the occasional TV shows.   I had free HBO this past weekend and thought I would check out what the kids are watching. This show "girls" is an HBO series that  won awards and is a break out hit.  


Below is a summary of the show-

HBO summary. Aspiring writer Hannah gets a shock when her parents visit from  and announce they will no longer financially support her as they have done since her graduation from Oberlin College two years before. Left to her own devices in Greenpoint, Brooklyn, she and her friends navigate their twenties.


My summary or what I like to call, the truth. The show "girls" is a show created by a bunch of rich kids whose parents finally told them to get a job..  This show throws in every social taboo it can possibly think of to get a reaction from its audience which has to be a bunch of teenage girls.  This is the only audience I can think of that would be remotely interested in watching this show.  This show showcases abortion, miscarriages, sexual harassment in the workplace, teenage marriage, every kind of sex you can think of and nudity. The main character also represents the special needs population but obviously she does so unintentionally (yes, that read exactly how I wanted it to read). I am all about some sex and foul language in my TV shows but I cannot stomach watching ugly people have sex. You know you feel the same way!!! Nothing...I mean nothing is worse than watching ugly people get it on.  I hurl!!  That makes me think of one of the many reasons I will never be swinger...have you noticed swingers are never attractive... NEVER....Its like on the application.. "You must be unattractive to be a swinger".....just an observation......

Each  leading female character is a daughter of a  wealthy mom or dad who is in the entertainment industry (documentation below). No one would hire the "girls" because they are not talented, creative, or attractive in the least bit. The girls decided, (insert your best rich girl accent and twirl your hair) "Ive gotta get a job so I thought I would write a screenplay my dad said he would hook us up and we can act in it and become famous."
 
.
IT FREAKING WORKED and I am FREAKING JEALOUS!!!!!!IT WORKED! Guess who is staring in a hit TV show, rich, and famous...... it would be..... these chicks..
girls....
..kill me now...another plan comes together for a rich kid!


girls....


I thought the show might be somewhat of a "Sex and the City" rip off. I thought HBO is looking for the same magic they had with the Sex and the City. If they are looking for the same magic ummmm......I hate to break it to you HBO but

 After watching 13 episodes. YES, 13... because ( a) I was hoping it would get better and I would see what the "magic" is ( b) it is a train wreck and I couldn't stop watching... episode after episode it continued to get worse which I didn't think was possible




I hate to break it to you HBO but this ain't it....... You need attaractive characters, cute hair, shoes, interesting story lines, and a Mr. Big.....
I'm glad the HBO was free..... This is my blog of the day. With love, bamaslammer


Supporting Documentation here--

Many of Dunham's co-stars are daughters of famous names in the entertainment and media industry. Jemima Kirke, a high school friend of Dunham who also appeared in Tiny Furniture, is the daughter of Simon Kirke, drummer of Free and Bad Company.[24] Zosia Mamet is the daughter of playwright David Mamet and actress Lindsay Crouse, granddaughter of playwright Russel Crouse and great-granddaughter of writer and educator John Erskine. Allison Williams is the daughter of NBC Nightly News anchor Brian Williams.[12]

No comments: