Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

"Kaytee" is her name.. NOT!

You would think after carrying a baby for 9 long months you would get to name the child. I know crazy right! I go through the long process of pregnancy and labor and my fiancee feels that he is entitled to name the child after his mother! Yes, you heard me after his mother, Kay! Dont get me wrong I dearly love the woman! I couldn't ask for anyone better! She is kind, loving, and would absolutely do anything for me. I had surgery last June and she came over and took care of me! Not many people would want to do that because I do not like pain, I whine, and I am a big ole baby myself.

One of the first things Jason said to me after I found out I was pregnant was "All I ask is that you name the baby if it is a girl after my mother". I only replied "that is a lot to ask". Not exactly the words I want to hear but I decided to not make a fuss about it right at that moment. I would make a fuss later when it really mattered! Yes, that was so hard to do but I did it. Basically, I just wasn't in the state of mind to argue.

So, I picked up the topic again the other day. I ran down my short list of names I actually like and he makes comments about them all, usually negative. I say a name I really like and he will say okay and say the name and then say Kay will be the baby's middle name. I finally could not let it go any longer. I explained to him that my mother is still alive and I think it would hurt her if we name my only child after his mother. I am a lot more dramatic than that, of course. I explain that it will force her into an early grave, the child will not receive Christmas presents from her, and we will be disowned etc... All to make my point.

Jason replies to me after my long speech which I thought I had proved my point and I thought he would move on to a name that I liked. Jason replies " How about the name Katie?" I said that is a very sweet name and I love it but my cousin's name is Katie. He insisted "Katie". I said well I will think about it.

The next day I am at work in a meeting day dreaming and I think "Katie" that is such a sweet name and I am so glad Jason is really thinking about a name. I am so glad he has moved on from his mother's name Kay.... yes, then it hit me. Jason has one upped me again. "Kaytee"... that is how he wants to spell it. yes... he got his Kay in there and I wasn't smart enough to figure it out!!!! That Devil! So, needless to say the great name debate continues in my house. I will have a post coming soon about my mom and her name picking... :) This is my blog of the day ! Love, BamaSlammer

No comments: