Powered By Blogger

Sunday, August 3, 2008

No duh -No Epidural for me!

I am pregnant with my first child and at this point my only child. Pregnancy has not been easy on me and I am woman enough to admit that. I think nine months is way to long for anyone to be pregnant. But at this point it is what it is. I am very lucky to have such supportive people in my life who have offered me great tips because I will tell you I don't know what I am doing. I quit reading all those books early on and looking up things on the Internet because it will scare you to death. You will also wonder why does anyone have children! geez and when I see a bad kid I personally want to slap them and say "Do you know your mother carried you around for nine months and this is the respect you give her?" I really have to stop myself.

Women give the best and most encouraging advice that has brought me peace. Here are the bright spots of the advice when I tell people I do not know what I am doing one lady said "the baby doesn't know that you don't know what your doing". I replied Thank you and I will make sure I have no witnesses! The same person said "just don't drop the baby or shake the baby and you will be just fine". I know that sounds small but to me it was profound and made me feel better. It made me feel great yes I am out of my league but so was everyone else at one time or another!

Now let me take you to a "duh" moment. Jason (who I am engaged too) only advice so far is "You are going to want an Epidural". I replied "duh, no joke". But if I could move back in time. I would have replied "oh no, no epidural for me, I am a tough strong woman and epidurals are for weak woman, I will have it all under control and most certainly do not need an epidural". That statement would have sent Jason over the edge because he knows what a baby I am. He also knows that when I went to the Dr. for the first time to confirm my pregnancy I asked if I could go ahead and schedule a C-section. Which they told me "NO".

It just all goes back to men I think try to be helpful but they really dont know what to say... but they try..so I guess I should give credit for that.. This is my blog of the day... Love, Bama Slammer

No comments: